Monday 30 April 2012

Beer Label Art With A Purpose: A Crafty Use For Beer Labels

For quite some time now, I have been saving beer labels: peeling, drying, pressing, and saving.  Some thought my master plan to craft a collage was genius, others called me "obsessive."  Both may have an element of truth.

Yet, although it is mildy obsessive to not 'let go' of these fine labels (or poor labels for fine products), most of us have some similar attachment to that which we enjoy and some even collect bottles that take up huge amounts of space with no re-use (outside of home-brewing - which is different from standard bottle-collection).

Thus, in my obsessive ingenuity, I figured I should make collage beermats (that double as placemats) with my labels.

Alas, some of my favourite labels did not come easily or tore in removal, so though I am fond of many labels and beers that follow, there will always be more to come.

I have not laminated these yet, and the glare makes the images slightly less than perfect, but for those who watched me carefully peel labels at pubs and wished to observe the output, here are my first 4:





If you are curious, two decent hints to remove the labels are steaming or, oddly, the converse: soaking in icy cold wetness.  I suppose moisture is the common element.

I could offer some hints on a 'how to,' but I presume it to be straightforward as these four are not only the first beermat-label-collages I have ever made, they are the first four collages I have ever made and, with a few slight adjustments, I believe I did fine.

Let me know in the comments if you want more info or wish to pass on some unique labels!

2 comments:

  1. Beer Mat Hunter – the web search engine that helps you find beer mat collectors and their collections on the World Wide Web.

    Find beer mats with our beer mats finder tool!

    Link: http://beermat.webnode.com/beermat-hunter/

    ReplyDelete
  2. With a lot of variety to choose from at a beer bar you need to get information to the public as easily as possible. I have seen a few different beer lists, some are easy to read and some will confuse the hell out of you. birra ronzani american pale ale bottiglia 33cl

    ReplyDelete