Saturday 31 December 2011

New Year's Eve and Quality Beer

Life's too short to drink bad beer, and there is little time left in 2011 to enjoy quality brews.  My plans follow, though I'd love to hear yours in the comments!

Though I have written less than I'd like and owe a few pending reviews, the holidays and my current time in Montreal have been prosperous on the beer front, with a trip to Dieu du Ciel brewpub last night, and supplies of Rochefort 8, Rochefort 10, and St. Bernardus Abt 12 for New Year's and beyond (I mean, some must age, right?)

Reviews of the 10, the Bernardus, and the Oak-Aged release from Cameron's hopefully coming later today, but the in-laws are keeping me (pleasantly) busy!  Sadly, I won't (immediately) be reviewing the Dieu du Ciel's from last night because, well, I had company and took less notes and, frankly, I had quite a few!  But maybe I'll review the pub as I intend to start doing with Toronto's bars.

What are you drinking beer-wise for New Year's Eve?  Let me know in the comments!

Happy New Year to all, btw!

No comments:

Post a Comment